All bins will be collected a day later than usual during the week of the Bank Holiday Monday (29 Aug - 3 Sept). Click here for more info.
Welwyn Hatfield Heritage Network
Welwyn Hatfield Heritage Network represents many of the Borough's local history and heritage societies. Membership is open to all groups working in this interesting area.
The Network is a welcoming group that works together to share ideas and news and put local heritage on the map.
- Ayot St Peter History Society
- Friends of Welwyn Hatfield Museums
- Hatfield Local History Society
- Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City Libraries (Local Studies Section)
- Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies
- Lemsford Local History Society
- University of Hertfordshire History department
- Welwyn Garden City Society
- The Welwyn Garden Heritage Trust
- Welwyn Hatfield Museum Service
- Woolmer Green Parish Council.
- Welwyn and District Local History Society
- Cuffley Industrial Heritage Society
The objectives of the Network are:
- To promote the Borough's heritage as and when opportunities arise. As appropriate we may undertake joint working to provide advice, research, consultation, volunteering or any other appropriate means, alongside representatives from existing organisations within the Borough of Welwyn Hatfield.
- To ensure regular and friendly dialogue between individuals and organisations involved in local heritage
- To act for mutual benefit where shared historical interests and similar activities apply.
- To promote heritage for the local community, to encourage and facilitate community participation in heritage activities.
- To facilitate training opportunities.
- To ensure that local history initiatives are well advertised and marketed.
- To represent all active groups involved in local heritage.
If you are interested in joining us please contact Welwyn Hatfield Museum Service who will pass on your enquiry.