Welwyn Hatfield Heritage Network
Welwyn Hatfield Heritage Network represents many of the Borough's local history and heritage societies. Membership is open to all groups working in this interesting area.
The Network is a welcoming group that works together to share ideas and news. We also lobby to make sure that local heritage gets a fair representation in local action plans and projects, for example the Blue Plaque Project.
- Ayot St Peter History Society
- Friends of Welwyn Hatfield Museums
- Hatfield Local History Society
- Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City Libraries (Local Studies Section)
- Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies
- Lemsford Local History Society
- University of Hertfordshire History department
- Welwyn Garden City Society
- The Welwyn Garden Heritage Trust
- Woolmer Green Parish Council.
- Welwyn and District Local History Society
- Cuffley Industrial Heritage Society
The objectives of the Network are:
- To promote the Borough's heritage as and when opportunities arise. As appropriate we may undertake joint working to provide advice, research, consultation, volunteering or any other appropriate means, alongside representatives from existing organisations within the Borough of Welwyn Hatfield.
- To ensure regular and friendly dialogue between individuals and organisations involved in local heritage.
- To act for mutual benefit and avoidance of overlap, or conflicts, in historical or similar activities.
- To promote heritage for the local community, to encourage and facilitate community participation in heritage activities.
- To facilitate training for local history enthusiasts.
- To ensure that local history initiatives are well advertised.
- To represent all active groups involved in local heritage.
If you are interested in joining us please contact Museums Manager Linda Dobbs.