Your comments, compliments and complaints help us to meet your standards.
How to make a compliment, comment or complaint
You can either:
- for Housing related matters, please visit the Community Housing Trust website
- for Council related matters fill in this online form
- visit the council offices in person (opening hours are: 8.45am-5.15pm on Monday to Thursday, 8.45am-4.45pm on Friday)
- write in using a freepost form (available on request from council offices)
- write in by letter:
Customer Services Manager
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
Welwyn Garden City
- send an email to the council
Let us know:
- If you want to report a missed bin, graffiti or litter, please use our online Report It forms.
- If your inner recycling tray is missing, you can request a replacement by emailing Contact-WHC@welhat.gov.uk
- For any problems with noise please contact Environmental Health.
- If you are unsure what to put in each of your bins, please see our A-Z Guide
We monitor our customer feedback to help us design services to meet our customer's changing needs and to make sure our complaints procedure to accessible to all. Therefore we will now ask you some diversity questions when you pass us a complaint, compliment or comment. The questions are not compulsory and all information provided is used in the strictest confidence and only for statistical purposes. We do not pass your information on to other organisations.
The purpose of our Customer Services Strategy is:
- To show you the standards of customer care you should expect
- To show our staff the levels of customer care expected of them
- To define ways in which we may improve those levels of care
- Provide convenient and timely access to information and services for all our customers.
- Introduce Customer Services Standards across the authority. We will then measure our performance against the standards in order to make any improvements and adjustments where necessary.
- Ensure equality and diversity guidelines are adhered to, in order to provide equal access to all services for everyone.
Documents available for download:
If you have exhausted all the stages of the council's procedures and are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the Local Government Ombudsman - an independent body which will look into your complaint about the council. The Ombudsman will do this only if you have given us a chance to deal with the complaint first.
To find out more visit the Local Government Ombudsman website
This page was last updated on 10/10/2013