Local Strategic Partnership (WH Alliance)
Our Local Strategic Partnership (LSP) is called the Welwyn Hatfield Alliance. Members of the Alliance include key public sector organisations, businesses, community groups and voluntary groups in Welwyn Hatfield who have come together around a shared vision, to improve the quality of life for all in Welwyn Hatfield.
Many of the issues we face today - such as community safety, public health and social inclusion - can only be tackled effectively if public, private and voluntary sector organisations work together.
The Alliance co-ordinates key local partners to improve local services and involve many more of the local communities in decisions affecting their everyday lives.
Further information about Local Strategic Partnerships can be found on the government's Communities and Local Government webpage.
Executive Group - Strategic Partners
The Executive Group is the overall decision making body of the Alliance and provides both strategic direction and co-ordination. The group consists of senior representatives from:
- Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Hertfordshire Constabulary
- East & North Herts Clinical Commissioning Group (was NHS Hertfordshire) / East & North Herts NHS Trust
- University of Hertfordshire
- Voluntary & Community Sector
- Business sector
- Oaklands College
- Parish & Town Councils
A Management Group will focus on the overall co-ordination of the work programme agreed with the Executive Group, as well as directing the operational delivery of the Sustainable Community Strategy.
Task and Finish Groups
Task and Finish Groups made up of representatives from partner organisations will work on locally agreed priorities. The current priority groups have been identified as:
- Health Task and Finish Group
- Climate Change Task and Finish Group
- Community Inclusion Partnership Group
There is a wide family of partnerships that already exist and it envisaged some members will join the Task and Finish groups to work on the agreed priorities. The Local Partnerships are:
- Welwyn Hatfield Community Safety Partnership (CSP)
- Cultural Consortium
- Welwyn Hatfield 11-19 Group
- Health Task and Finish Group
- Welwyn Hatfield InterFaith Group
- Strategic Housing Forum
Chairman of the Alliance
The Executive Group will be chaired by Councillor John Dean, who is also the Leader of the Council. This aligns the Alliance fully with central government's requirement for local government politicians to adopt a stronger, more visible leadership role in public partnerships.
The key principles that the Welwyn Hatfield Alliance has built itself around are:
- Improve and enhance co-ordination of services local communities receive
- Make better use of existing resources by avoiding wasteful duplication and filling gaps in services
- Develop non-bureaucratic ways of working
- Tackle cross cutting issues more effectively
- Integrate action focused on priorities agreed with partners
- Find new ways to involve many more people in the way their services are provided
Making a difference is our primary aim.